A/V in Attic and Online – $9000
- The Attic is used by many groups internally and externally. Financial Peace University, Liv’n the Life (Women’s Bible Study), Student Ministries, Leadership Training and the list goes on. Since we moved into this facility back in 2003, we haven’t addressed the sound issues in this room.
- We need to install a simple sound system to continue to increase the effectiveness of this room. Another advantage is that this room will become more marketable to outside groups and increase facility rental revenue to Shoal Creek.
- Online activity in the last month showed that people watched the Shoal Creek archives on Vimeo.com an equivalent of 3 days, 24 minutes, and 9 seconds. Our online presence continues to grow both in live viewing and our archives. The ugly secret is that our cameras are over 10 years old. They are slowly losing functionality and will soon be ready for the digital dust pile.
Young Life Camp – $6000
- Shoal Creek’s strategic alliance with Young Life allows us to extend our reach into all the high school campuses in the area.
- Young Life Camp is promoted as the “Best Week of Your Life!” Certainly the activities provide a thrill like no other (check this out https://youtu.be/avhqcO6B1mM). But the real meaning is the spiritual impact this week has.
- I know this first hand, having children who went to camp. I also talked my friends into forcing their children to go to YL Camp and I could tell you an amazing story about life change that happened as a result. Ask me sometime!
- To read more about YL Camps go here: https://camp.younglife.org/Pages/AboutCamping.aspx
- YL has camps for middle school thru high school for typical as well as atypical students. We’d love to send 6 students to experience the “Best Week of their Lives!”
Help one West African Tribal People hear about Jesus for the first time
- Tragically, there are still over 1300 people groups who are totally lost but no one has ever gone to look for them. These peoples are referred to as the Unengaged Unreached People Groups (UUPG). In simple terms, this means that they have never had a gospel witness of any kind and nobody is trying to right that wrong.
- For a pictorial view of the need click here (http://shoalcreek.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/UUPG-Proposal-Final.pdf)
- Romans 10:13-15 lays out a very clear formula; Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved, but they can’t call if they don’t believe, and they won’t believe unless they hear and they won’t hear unless someone goes.
- New Generations (formerly Cityteam International) has a long and deep track record of going where the Gospel has never been. In the last 12 years, God has raised up 50,829 new churches encompassing 1,321,145 new followers of Jesus. 35% of these churches are among UPG/UUPG. It can be done!
- Now we are partnering with the Issachar Initiative to see 10 more UUPG from West Africa taken off the list (see attached profiles). In all cases, New Generations has significant momentum among ‘near neighbors’ that give us ‘boots on the ground’ ready to extend the Kingdom where it has never been.
- The cost will be $20,000 per tribe per year for 3 years. If we raise the first $10,000, Issachar will match it. What we need are partners who will join us.
- Will you take one or more of these UUPG into your heart, into your prayer closet and into your plan to ‘Go into all the world?’ Will you be the one to say that darkness will no longer reign unchallenged and send the light to one or more of these UUPG?
- If you will send the resources, we will send the people and return to you the stories, pictures and reports on a regular basis about what God is doing through your investment. Let’s change the course of Kingdom history together.
text shoalcreekcc to 77977 and follow the instructions
Click here and select Giving Tuesday as the Fund
Use the City Giving Function
Send check to Shoal Creek/Giving Tuesday 6816 N Church Rd Pleasant Valley, MO 64068